Home News Costa Blanca BRITON DIES OF ASPHIXIATION IN ALMORADI FIRE

BRITON DIES OF ASPHIXIATION IN ALMORADI FIRE

2 min read

Earlier reports that viloence was involved are now said to be false

Following the death of a 73 year old Briton in an Almoradi house fire on Monday afternoon forensic officers of the Guardia Civil have now said that all signs point to a tragic accident.

They say that the evidence suggests that the victim was unable to vacate the premises at number 5 C/ Daya Nueva because the doors to the property were locked.

The emergency services received a call at approximately 16.56 hours on Monday afternoon. Firefighters were quickly on the scene and had to force the door to gain access.

Equipped with oxygen equipment, the firefighters entered the room which was engulfed with thick smoke. A spokesman said they discovered a stove covered with a blanket, and thought to be the cause of the fire.

On the floor was the lifeless victim who had died of asphyxiation. All indications show that he was overcome by the fumes before he could summon help.

Firefighters had made the scene safe by six o’clock.

The body was taken to the Forensic Anatomical Institute in Alicante where it underwent a postmortem.

Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/42584/

Home Insurance | Spanish Home Insurance | Home Insurance in Spain | Spanish Property | Costa Blanca Spanish Property | Spain Property | Euromillions | Euromillions Lottery Results

Load More Related Articles
Load More In Costa Blanca