Home News Regional News TORREVIEJA TO AIRPORT BUS NUMBERS INCREASE AGAIN

TORREVIEJA TO AIRPORT BUS NUMBERS INCREASE AGAIN

2 min read

TORREVIEJA TO AIRPORT BUS NUMBERS INCREASE AGAIN

The mayor of Torrevieja, Eduardo Dolón, has once again given his annual report on the continual increase in passengers using the Torrevieja to the airport bus service, which has been used by 84,048 passengers in 2014.

During the whole year of 2013, a total of 72,049 passengers were carried, representing an increase of 39.5% over 2012, when 51,660 people travelled, now in 2014 the 84,048 passengers represents an increase of 16.7% over last year, although still falling considerably below being full, with a theoretical 292,000 annual seats available.

The total number of passengers who began their journey at the Torrevieja end of the express service totalled 40,429, 48% of the total, whereas those who began their trip at Alicante-Elche airport destined for Torrevieja reached 43,655, the remaining 52%.

The average occupancy in 2014 amounted to 230 passengers each day, compared with 197 passengers per day in 2013, representing an increase of 14.34%. The theoretical capacity for the service on a 50-seater coach is 400 passengers each way per day.

The service departs Torrevieja every odd hour from 07:00 to 21:00, returning from the airport on every second even hour from 08:00 to 22:00. With 8 services each way, every day of the year, the service is express between the two points and travels on the motorway network, avoiding the N-332 coastal road.

Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/46074/

Home Insurance | Spanish Home Insurance | Home Insurance in Spain | Spanish Property | Costa Blanca Spanish Property | Spain Property | Euromillions | Euromillions Lottery Results

Load More Related Articles
Load More In Regional News