Home News Spanish National MEN ARE THE VICTIMS IN 69% OF MURDERS IN SPAIN

MEN ARE THE VICTIMS IN 69% OF MURDERS IN SPAIN

2 min read

Most of the deaths, over 60%, occur at night

According to a new book published by Professor José Muñoz Clares and five of his law students at Murcia University, 69 % of the victims of homicides and murders committed in Spain are men, with women accounting for the remaining 31 percent.

However when it comes to the perpetrators of those crimes women commit only 7% with men accounting for the remainder.

Knives, razors and other sharp instruments are used in 53% of all cases while just 15% of all murders are committed using fists, hands or feet.

Most of the deaths, over 60%, occur at night, with the remainder being committed during daylight hours or in the very early evening.

Of the 370 sample cases that were tried during the past year, 218 murders took place Monday to Friday and the rest, 152, at the weekend.

The book, edited by Diego Marin, also deals with cases of suicide, which is the leading cause of violent death in Spain, accounting for 7.6 per cent per 100,000 inhabitants.

Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/47314/

Telford | property for sale in Telford | property to let in Telford | Send Money to Spain | Spain Property | Online International Payments | Property in Spain
Costa Blanca Property for Sale | Cabo Roig Property for Sale | International Payments |

Load More Related Articles
Load More In Spanish National