Alicante officials say that the forensic evidence will determine whether or not there was anyone to blame following the accident recorded in the city on Sunday in which 23 people were injured , mostly of a minor nature, when five bouncy castles full of children were caught by the wind and lifted over a hundred metres at a street event organized by Foguera La Ceràmica .
“As such we must all wait for the results of the investigation before we can consider the necessary action ," insisted Juan Seva following questions put to him from the media at the press conference following the Local Government Board. He said "we must be very cautious because we need to make sure that the action we take is correct." If there was a fault and anyone is to blame we will ensure that the appropriate action is taken.”
Meanwhile the Municipal spokeswoman Marta Garcia -Romeu confirmed that all the necessary licenses had been issued to hold the event while the mayor said that all of the protocols were followed by the organizers before the authorities were issued.
The mayor also confirmed that all of the emergency procedures worked perfectly." "The National Police were quickly on the scene and all bodies of ICU physicians and SAMU were also involved . From this point of view we are satisfied with the response," said the mayor , who also said that he was pleased that the accident was not more serious, " and that the injuries were not serious.
Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/43474/