A 30 year old man died on Friday when he was electrocuted on a rural farm on the outskirts of Pilar de la Horadada. Firefighters were called to the scene after his lifeless body fell onto the roof of a plastic greenhouse located next to a pylon on which he was working.
Sources at the Emergency Coordination Center (Cicu) said that they first received a call from the farm at approximately 3.15pm. At that time the circumstances were unclear but units from the Urgent Care Service, (SAMU), and the Bomberas, were immediately dispatched to the scene.
Paramedics attempted to resuscitate the worker at the scene but were only able to pronounce him dead.
Early indications suggest that the deceased was working up the pylon and after suffering an electric shock, he fell onto the roof of the greenhouse below, from where his lifeless body was recovered by the firefighters.
Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/44175/