According to preliminary investigations a short circuit in a television set was to blame for a fire at 4 de la calle Santomera, in El Acequión last Monday.
The fire started in a first floor apartment and, but for the quick thinking of the occupant, who dragged the burning set out onto the balcony, sources say it could have been much worse. Two fire tenders from Torrevieja quickly brought the blaze under control.
The elderly resident, who was treated by an ambulance crew at the scene, suffered from minor burns and smoke inhalation.
Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/45449/