The President of Orihuela CF, Antonio Felices, met with executives of the Valencian Football Federation last week to clarify the situation regarding the club and the coming season.
Still with a debt of 60,000 euro, on which the Elche Courts are still deliberating, there had been some doubt that ‘The Yellows’ could come up with an acceptable repayment plan but following the meeting, which the President described as ‘productive’ the Federation have accepted his proposals and confirmed the club’s entry into Tercera for 2014/15 getting underway with a visit to Ontinyent on 24 August.
The Federation has also rescinded their earlier decision regarding new signings and following the payment to last season’s players of all monies outstanding Coach Garcia Tébar will now be able to bring in new staff.
Felices also said that he has the support of all club directors and confirmed that the club will comply with all Federation Rules, and that they have now appointed a new manager whose preparations for the coming season are already well advanced.
Also off the field, players from the club last week presented Orihuela’s new strip. Manufactured by the company Acerbis, who are also a major sponsor of del club scorpion, the home strip will remain unchanged, yellow shirts and blue shorts while the away strip will be celestial blue shirts and white shorts.
Following last week’s appointment on a 2 year contract, the new manager Andrés García Tébar was officially unveiled at the Hotel Tudemir. Tébar said all the right things beginning by acknowledging that of all the leagues in the Tercera Category the Valencian division is by far the stronges,t but he nevertheless said that he expects to build a team that is challenging for the playoffs and promotion at the end of the season.
Tébar also pointed to the economic situation. He said that despite Orihuela being without significant investment, he was confident that he already had the right signings in mind. It was now just a question of trying to bring them to the club for the right money.
Meanwhile the club’s home ground, Los Arcos, is currently undergoing a facelift. According to the councilor for sport, Luis Galiano, the playing surface is being completely reseeded with Bermuda grass. Other work includes the refurbishment and extension of the sprinkler and irrigation systems .
Although the league season will get underway on August 24, Orihuela are playing away at Villajoyosa. The second week is free so the first home game will take place at Los Arcos on 7 September against CD Acero by which time the ground will be in absolute pristine condition said the councillor.
The budget for the work is 16,600 euros.
The company in charge of the stadium work is a Spanish company, Royal Verd, which carried out ground maintenance at seven World Cup stadiums in Brazil. Engineer, Carlos Botella, said that he has also solved a serious drainage problem where a 10 inch layer of clay stopped the grass from taking root. He too says he is confident that the ground will be ready for the first league fixture in early September.
Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/44581/