The councillor for public safety in the municipality of Orihuela, Manuel Gallud, has appeared before the press to confirm that the proposed Campoamor Music Festival planned for Wednesday the 6th of August does not have the authority of the municipality to take place.
The reason for the decision not to authorise the event is that it “does not meet the minimum security requirements” for such a gathering.
As such, the councillor has said that the town hall will do everything in its power to prevent the event from taking place, so as to ensure the safety of the public. For that reason, they have called on the assistance of the Generalitat Valenciana, who have designated a “heavy security presence”, on account of the plan not meeting the minimum security requirements and “We cannot risk a reoccurrence of the unfortunate events that have occurred and experienced in other parts of the country”, Gallud said.
The Guardia Civil and local police will be active during the evening of the planned festival, and will take all necessary action that they see appropriate to ensure the event does not take place. “I appeal to the public and the event organizers to tell warn potential visitors that the festival is not authorised, does not meet the security conditions and, if the company does carry on, is violating the law”, Gallud said, confirming that the authorities will indeed “do everything in our power to prevent its conclusion”.
Last year, according to official sources, between 20,000 and 30,000 people participated in a “macro botellón”, which took place in the Campoamor are of the Orihuela Costa.
Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/44505/