Famed the world over, twenty choirs will participate in the 64th edition of the Internacional de Habaneras y Polifonía which will take place in Torrevieja from 22 to 28 July, 2018, in the historic Eras de la Sal enclosure.
The president of the Municipal Board of Habaneras and Mayor of Torrevieja, José Manuel Dolón, accompanied by the vice president, Domingo Soler, presented details of the event which “identifies our city with culture and that makes us international, since more than a hundred choirs have asked to participate in the contest phase and these, which have been selected by the Technical Commission, are the best”.
Domingo Soler highlighted that of the thirteen choirs participating in this phase, twelve countries are represented: Spain (2), Venezuela, Ukraine, China, Serbia, Romania, Belarus, Mexico, Colombia, Indonesia, Macedonia and the Philippines.
The host of the event will, once again, by Elena Sánchez, of TVE, adding another national symbol to the proceedings.
Promotional videos have been produced which will be shared through social media and a television advert campaign has also been initiated, with specific material for Instagram and Facebook being part of the overall marketing mix.
Sunday 22 July, 2018
Opening Gala’ in which six local choirs will perform (Coro y Orquesta Maestro Ricardo Lafuente, Masa coral ‘José Hódar’, Agrupación Coral ‘Manuel Barberá’, Coral Torrevejense ‘Francisco Vallejos’, Coro ‘Maestro Casanovas’ y Orfeón de Torrevieja’) and the hymns will be performed along with the Unión Musical Torrevejense.
Monday 23 July, 2018
A guest choir from outside the competition group will perform.
Tuesday 24 to Friday 27 July, 2018
Contest evenings. Four nights in which thirteen choirs will participate
Tuesday 24 July, 2018
- La Coral de Trabajadores de la Universidad de Los Andes (Venezuela),
- Tavor Chamber Choir (Ucrania),
- The Choir of Bieijing University of Technology (China)
- KUD Branco Cvetkovic Belgrado (Serbia).
Wednesday 25 July, 2018
- Corul Cantarad Arad (Rumanía),
- The Girl’s Choir “Raniza” (Bielorusia)
- Orfeón Universitario Puebla (México).
Thursday 26 July, 2018
- Coro de la Universidad Autónoma de Bucaramanga – UNAB (Colombia),
- Xolo Voces Blancas Murcia (España)
- Maranatha Christian University Choir (Indonesia).
Friday 27 July, 2018
- Female Chamber Choir Sv. Zlata Meglenska (Macedonia)
- Grupo Vocal “Amitié” Asturias (España)
- University of Philippines Singing Ambasadors (Filipinas).
Saturday 28 July, 2018
The contest will close with the Grand Coral Gala with the participation of a selection of the participating choirs and the Awards Ceremony.